What is the future for clinical and health research in Europe?
In an article published on the November issue of Open Access Government, FEAM Vice-President Prof. Stefan Constantinescu discusses the recently published position paper of FEAM and the Alliance for Biomedical Research in Europe (BioMed Alliance).
The paper on “Strengthening biomedical research for the benefit of European citizens” put forward recommendations which will help improve clinical and health research in Europe. These tackle the following five areas:
- More support for collaborative multidisciplinary translational biomedical research
- Continuity in funding for successful networks established in previous Framework programmes
- Recognising the importance of precision medicine-based, patient-centred solutions in designing clinical trials
- Special training programmes for the next generation of research-oriented clinicians and clinically-oriented researchers
- The creation of a European Council for Health Research, that will support biomedical and clinical research in Europe
To access the article, please click here